Credit Union History
History at a Glance: History Milestones
Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union was originally known as Wyoming Employees Federal Credit Union. The Credit Union was founded in January of 1954 by a dedicated group of state employees wishing to establish a not-for-profit, financial cooperative that would be built on the philosophy of people helping people.
After its chartering, a small office opened in March 1954 in the State Board of Charities and Reform. In 1955 the Credit Union was moved to a basement storage room in the Wyoming State Capitol Building where volunteers took deposits for their fellow state employees.
The Credit Union hired its first employee in 1958. After spending a year working out of a garage facility behind the Wyoming Travel Commission, the current property at 2223 Warren Avenue was purchased in 1977.
Meridian Trust's branches began opening across the state of Wyoming throughout the 1970s and 1980s, and the fifth location opened in February of 2004 in East Cheyenne.
Kim Withers, Meridian Trust's President and Chief Executive Officer since 1994, looks to an encouraging future for members and employees of the Credit Union. "We have always embraced the idea of service for our members and continuing our success as a financial cooperative.